This recipe is sure to be a family favorite.
- 1 medium fennel bulb
- 2 large Schnucks eggs
- 3/4 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 3/4 lb. fresh ground pork
- 1/2 Schnucks sourdough mini loaf, torn into 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 cup dry sherry or white wine
- 1/2 cup Schnucks finely shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup Schnucks vitamin D whole milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices Schnucks hardwood smoked bacon
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks pure honey
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove fennel fronds; set some aside to use later for garnish, and chop 2 tablespoons fronds. Trim off stem and root end from fennel. Finely chop fennel bulb. In large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add fennel, chopped fronds and remaining ingredients, except bacon and honey, and mix until well combined.
- Line rimmed baking pan with aluminum foil. Shape meat mixture into 9 x 5" loaf. Starting at one end, wrap bacon in single layer crosswise over the meatloaf, tucking ends under meatloaf.
- Bake 25 minutes. Brush bacon with honey. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until internal temperature reaches 155°F. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
250M CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 5G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.