Crispy, juicy and smothered in homemade pan gravy. This is comfort food at it’s finest!
- 1 1/2 cups + 3 tbsp. flour, divided
- 3 tsp. black pepper, divided
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks seasoned salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk, divided
- 2 tsp. Schnucks hot sauce
- 2 eggs
- 4 Schnucks pork cube steaks
- peanut or vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 tsp. Schnucks garlic powder
- sliced chives, to serve
- In a shallow bowl whisk together flour, pepper and seasoned salt. In a separate shallow bowl whisk together 1/2 cup milk, hot sauce and eggs. Pat steaks dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Dredge steaks in flour mixture then dip in egg mixture, letting excess egg drip off. Return steaks to flour mixture and turn to coat. Set aside.
- Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a large heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Working in batches, fry steaks until golden brown and cooked through, 3-4 minutes per side. Place steaks on a paper towel-lined plate and cover with foil.
- Remove all but 3 tablespoons of oil from pan and warm over medium heat. Add remaining flour and cook, whisking constantly, until mixture turns deep brown, 4-5 minutes. Whisk in remaining milk, pepper and garlic powder. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 5-7 minutes.
- Top steaks with gravy and chives and serve with vegetables of choice.
Handmade By Our Butchers
Our pork cube steaks, an extra-tender version of the St. Louis staple, are made fresh in store daily.
720 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 6G