Enjoy this heart-warming recipe from local favorite, Companion Baking.
- 4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, good quality
- 1 1/2 tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. instant dry yeast
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix by hand until everything is combined and forms a homogeneous mass. Cover the bowl and allow the dough to ferment at room temperature for 3 hours, folding the dough by hand in the bowl every 30 minutes (6 times total).
- Divide dough into about 4 pieces and round into balls. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet, spray/brush with a bit of oil, cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
- Preheat the oven at 500°F with a baking stone in the lower third of the oven. Once your oven reaches temperature, take the dough out of the refrigerator and allow to rest for about 30-45 minutes.
- Stretch your dough to the desired size, place on a semolina dusted peel, cutting board or the back of a sheet pan. Give it a little shake to make sure it doesn't stick. Dress with your favorite pizza toppings. Immediately, slide the pizza onto the preheated baking stone. 1-2 pizzas should fit on the stone. Bake until the crust is well caramelized.