Coconut lentil curry makes a great hearty and healthy dinner option.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1(14.5 oz.) can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 4 tsp. curry powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 can green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 cups jasmine rice, cooked
- 1 cup Schnucks Shortcuts diced mango
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion softens, about 3 minutes.
- Add red bell pepper and continue cooking about 5 minutes. Add sweet potatoes, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, curry powder and ground cloves; bring to boil
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until the potatoes are softened, about 20 minutes
- Add lentils and coconut milk and simmer until heated through.
- Spoon 2 cups of curry over 3/4 cup jasmine rice. Serve with mango.
459 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 8G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.