Add Coca-Cola to your slow-cooked beef brisket. Not only will it add amazing flavor, but it also helps to create tender and juicy brisket. Perfect to enjoy while cheering on your hometown baseball team this summer!
- 3 lb. center-cut beef brisket
- 1 oz. packet instant onion soup mix
- 2 (4 oz.) cans tomato sauce
- ground ginger
- 2 liter bottle Coca-Cola, divided
- 14-16 new potatoes
- 22-24 small peeled carrots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In flat roasting pan, place beef brisket fat-side up. Sprinkle onion soup mix on top of brisket; pour tomato sauce on top. Sprinkle with ground ginger. Pour half of 2-liter bottle of Coca-Cola over meat.
- Place whole potatoes and carrots around sides of pan. Add enough water to cover meat.
- Roast 3 1/2 to 4 hours, occasionally spooning sauce over meat. If necessary, add a little more Coca-Cola or water to keep meat covered.
- Brisket is done when fork-tender (195 degrees). When finished, remove meat from pan and slice fat cap off top. Using an electric knife, carefully cut meat across grain into 1/4 inch slices and place in casserole dish. Serve with additional sauce, if desired.
Serve with the potatoes, carrots, and fresh loaf of challah (twisted egg bread) for sopping up the gravy.
490 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 3.5G