Make your own savory beef jerky at home using a dehydrator or your oven.
- 1 1/2 lb. Certified Angus Beef ® top round, sliced with the grain 1/8-inch thick, 2 to 4-inches wide
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire, red pepper flakes, garlic salt and black pepper; pour into a zipper-locking plastic bag.
- Add sliced top round to bag, removing most air as you close the bag, making sure marinade evenly coats each slice; refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 175°F. Remove beef from marinade, pat dry and discard marinade. Place pieces on a wire rack on a sheet pan. Dehydrate in oven, 2 hours. Remove tray from oven, flip each piece over and dehydrate 2 to 2 1/2 more hours until there is no moisture on surface of beef.
- FOOD DEHYDRATOR ONLY: Place in a food dehydrator at 160°F for 2 hours, reduce heat to 155°F and dehydrate 2 1/2 to 3 more hours, flipping halfway through.
BUTCHER'S MAKE IT BETTER
Ask your butcher to do the raw cutting for you. Or, if you have advanced knife skills, cut it yourself. Freeze the whole piece one hour before slicing. Have a dehydrator? Skip step 3 and use step 4.
70 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 0.5G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.