Try our take on this classic barbecue chicken.
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. Louisiana style Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp. packed Schnucks light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 pkg Schnucks Natural pick of the chick bone-in chicken pieces
- 18 oz. BBQ sauce
- In small bowl, mix paprika, Cajun seasoning, brown sugar, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Trim excess fat from chicken. Rub all sides of chicken with seasoning mixture. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over high heat
- Place chicken, skin side down, on hot grill rack. Cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until outside of chicken is seared, watching carefully for flare-ups. If flare-ups occur, open grill and move chicken to outside, or cooler, part of grill.
- Reduce heat to medium. Turn chicken, skin side up. Cover and cook 30 to 35 minutes longer, turning occasionally and watching carefully for flare-ups. Brush skin side of chicken liberally with 3/4 cup barbecue sauce during last 10 minutes of cooking
- Turn off grill, cover and let stand 5 to 10 minutes. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F and juices should run clear when chicken is pierced with a knife. Serve chicken with remaining barbecue sauce for dipping.
327 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 4G