This Citrus Fennel & Avocado Salad with String Cheese recipe is light, refreshing and loaded with healthy ingredients.
- 2 fennel bulbs, stemmed and trimmed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 10 oz. spring mix baby greens
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 2 mandarin oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 ruby grapefruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 stick Full Circle string cheese, pulled apart
- 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice (for dressing)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (for dressing)
- 1/2 tsp. Full Circle Dijon mustard (for dressing)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (for dressing)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice fennel bulbs into thin wedges. In a medium bowl toss fennel with olive oil. Evenly arrange the fennel on a baking sheet lined with foil; season with salt and pepper if desired. Roast for 25–30 minutes or until tender and browned. Set aside.
- Prepare the dressing in a small bowl. Add the garlic, lemon juice and mustard; whisk to combine. Slowly whisk in the olive oil, season with salt and pepper, if desired, and set aside.
- Place the greens onto a platter and top with the fennel and remaining ingredients. Drizzle with the dressing; serve immediately.
334 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 3G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.