Like a sweet version of stuffing, this cinnamon casserole is just as good for breakfast as it is for dessert.
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cups half and half
- 1/4 cup Schnucks unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 cups challah bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup roasted pecans
- Cool Whip or warmed cream cheese frosting, to serve (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 2-quart round or oval baking dish. In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, half and half, butter, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Toss bread, raisins and pecans together in baking dish; evenly pour egg mixture over top. Use a spatula to gently submerge bread in milk mixture.
- Bake 45–50 minutes or until top is golden and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 5–10 minutes. Serve warm, topped with Cool Whip or drizzled with cream cheese frosting, if desired.
439 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 9G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.