Dinner is served! Take your Thanksgiving Turkey to the next level with the addition of a mouth-watering cider glaze.
- 1 (12 lb.) whole turkey, brined
- 6 tbsp. butter, softened and divided
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. fresh cracked pepper
- 6 fresh garlic heads, top cut off
- 4 small yellow onions, quartered
- 4 small apples, quartered
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 cups cider
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, combine 4 tablespoons butter, thyme and pepper. Rub butter under skin. Place half of onions, apples, garlic and thyme in turkey cavity.
- Place turkey in roasting pan with half of onions, apples, garlic, thyme and cider. Roast 1 1/2–2 hours, basting every 30 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, combine remaining butter with apple jelly. Cook 2 minutes over medium-high heat until thick and glossy.
- Brush turkey with glaze and roast 10 minutes.
- Rest turkey 20 minutes before serving.
369 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 8G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.