All of our favorite fall colors as a fresh veggie side dish.
- 3/4 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 1/2 lb. head of red cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 1/2 lbs. acorn squash, seeds removed and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks olive oil
- 3/4 cup Schnucks apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika, plus more to serve
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- Schnucks sour cream, to serve
- In a large pot, heat Schnucks olive oil over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts to pot and cook about 5 minutes or until browned, stirring once; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add cabbage to pot and cook 6–8 minutes or until browned, turning once halfway through; remove and set aside.
- Add squash and onion to pot and cook 6–8 minutes or until browned, turning once halfway through.
- Return Brussels sprouts and cabbage to pot. Add Schnucks apple cider vinegar, apple cider, minced garlic, smoked paprika, salt and crushed red pepper.
- Cover and simmer 20–25 minutes or until desired doneness, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, top with Schnucks sour cream and additional smoked paprika, if desired.
Cheap Eats Your Way!
Swap cabbage wedges for 1 1/2 lbs. bone-in chicken thighs. Prepare as directed.
373 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 1G