Add this rib roast to your holiday meal.
- 1 bone-in Certified Angus Beef® standing rib roast
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp. + 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 tbsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 dried oregano leaves
- 2 tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 2 cans (14.5 oz.) less-sodium beef broth
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 2 lb. baby bella, oyster, shiitake and/or white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place beef, fat side up, in roasting pan. In small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons garlic, thyme, 1 tablespoon salt, basil, oregano and 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper. Rub beef with garlic-herb mixture; cover and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Roast beef 25 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F and roast 2 hours longer or until internal temperature reaches 135°F in center of roast, making sure thermometer doesn’t touch bone. Transfer beef to cutting board; loosely cover with aluminum foil. (Internal temperature will rise to 145°F upon standing for medium-rare.)
- Skim fat from drippings in roasting pan. Place roasting pan with drippings across 2 burners over medium heat. Add broth and wine; heat to simmering. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to loosen browned bits from bottom of pan. In large bowl, strain au jus through fine-mesh strainer.
- Preheat 12-inch cast-iron or heavy gauge skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms to skillet and cook 5 minutes. Add shallot, butter and remaining 1 tablespoon garlic and cook 5 minutes longer. Stir in parsley and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Transfer au jus to skillet with mushroom mixture.
- Slice roast and serve with mushroom au jus.
1,146 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 38G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.