These chorizo and rice stuffed peppers can add excitement to the dinner table.
- 1 lb. Schnucks chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1 pkg. Spanish-style ready-to-use rice
- 1 jar Schnucks mild or medium salsa, divided
- 1 tsp. Spice Islands® Louisiana style Cajun seasoning
- 2 large green, red or yellow bell peppers (or combination)
- 1 cup Schnucks finely shredded Cheddar Jack cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In nonstick 12" skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 5-6 minutes or until browned and no longer pink, breaking up meat into very small pieces with side of spoon; carefully drain pan drippings from skillet.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice in microwave oven as label directs. To sausage in skillet, stir in rice, 1 1/4 cups salsa and Cajun seasoning. Cut peppers in half, through the stem end from top to bottom; remove seeds and any white membranes. Place pepper halves, cut side up, in 9 x 9" glass or ceramic baking dish with 1/4 cup water in the bottom.
- Fill each pepper half with 2 tablespoons cheese. Divide rice mixture evenly between peppers, about 3/4 cup each. Pour remaining salsa and sprinkle remaining cheese over top of peppers.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until cheese is browned, peppers are tender and internal temperature reaches at least 155°F. Transfer peppers and any pan sauce to large serving platter.
570 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 16G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.