The original Coney dog features an all-beef hot dog topped with a bean-less meat chili, diced onions and a strip of yellow mustard.
- 12 oz. Schnucks Select chorizo sausage, casings removed if necessary
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Schnucks chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. Schnucks dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp. Schnucks ground cumin
- 8 oz. Schnucks tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp. water
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 Schnucks hot dog buns
- In large skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, or until browned, breaking up sausage with side of spoon.
- Stir in garlic, chili powder, oregano, cumin and pepper. Cook 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Add tomato sauce and water. Reduce heat to low and cook 6 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring occasionally. Meawhile, grill hot dogs.
- Place grilled hot dogs in buns and top with 1/4 cup chorizo mixture.