Treat your sweet tooth to something delicious, like a slice of Chocolate Pecan Pie! Serve this rich dessert at your next dinner party and watch your guests come back for seconds!
- 1 refrigerated rolled pie crust
- 4 Schnucks large eggs
- 2 Schnucks large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup packed Schnucks brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Schnucks granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp. Schnucks unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups Schnucks light corn syrup
- 2 cups (about 8 oz.) pecan halves, divided
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place pie crust in 9-1/2-inch deep-dish glass or ceramic pie plate. If desired, crimp edges.
- In large bowl, with whisk, beat eggs and egg yolks until well beaten. Add sugars and stir until well blended. Add butter, vanilla and salt and stir until well combined. Stir in corn syrup.
- Set aside 1 cup of unbroken pecans. Chop remaining pecans. Stir chopped pecans and chocolate morsels into filling.
- Pour filling into prepared crust. Arrange pecan halves in concentric circles on top of pie. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until filling appears mostly set (center will still jiggle slightly).
- Cool pie completely on wire rack. Cover pie and refrigerate at least overnight or up to 2 days.
If desired, serve with sweetened whipped cream: In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat 1 cup whipping cream, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla (or 1 tablespoon whiskey) until mixture begins to thicken. Increase speed and beat just until stiff peaks form. Makes about 2 cups.
577 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 8G