This simple Chickpea Melt recipe is sure to please! It’s nutritious, filling and delicious.
- 1 (15 oz.) can Schnucks chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1/4 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 1 small dill pickle
- 1/3 cup Schnucks real mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. parsley, chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 slices Schnucks Pane Italiano bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, mash chickpeas with a fork.
- Add red onion, celery, dill pickle, mayo, mustard, lemon juice and herbs. Mix to combine, about 1 minute.
- Place bread slices on rimmed baking sheet, toast 2–5 minutes.
- Evenly top four pieces of bread with chickpea mash, 2 slices of tomato and one slice of cheese.
- Return to oven 2–4 minutes, until cheese is melted. Top with remaining slices.
445 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 5G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.