This delicious dinner soup recipe combines chicken, vegetables and fluffy dumplings into one. The whole family is sure to love it!
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks olive oil
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & diced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. Spice Hunter Italian Seasoning
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 tbsp. Full Circle organic tomato paste
- 6 cups Full Circle organic chicken stock
- 1 (12 oz.) bag Schnucks freshly frozen Florentine vegetables
- 1 (6 oz.) can Pillsbury flaky layers buttermilk biscuits
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add oil, onion, sweet potato and celery. Cook 5–6 minutes, stirring often, or until softened and onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and seasoning, then cook 30 seconds, stirring continuously.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, beans, tomato paste and broth to pot, then bring to a boil. Add frozen vegetables and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 20–25 minutes.
- Remove biscuit dough from can and divide each biscuit into quarters. Drop dough balls into simmering soup one at a time and simmer until all dough balls float, 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in parsley; season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
332 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.