Ready in 35 minutes, this Chicken Pasta Caprese dish will become a regular in your rotation.
- 1 1/2 cup medium shell pasta (about 1/4 lb.)
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. salt, divided
- 3/4 tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 (8 oz.) package fresh mozzarella cheese, pearls or ball cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 cup halved tomatoes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves (about 6 leaves)
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, in 3- to 4-quart saucepan, cook pasta as label directs; drain. In large bowl, with whisk, stir vinegar, garlic, oil, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper; add cheese and toss to combine; let stand at room temperature.
- Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper; spray both sides with cooking spray. Place chicken on hot grill rack; cover and cook 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken loses its pink color throughout and internal temperature reaches 165°F, turning once halfway through cooking. Transfer chicken to cutting board and loosely cover with aluminum foil; let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. To serve, add tomatoes, basil, pasta and chicken to cheese mixture; toss until well combined.
This dish can be prepared, covered and refrigerated up to 1 day before serving.
550 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 7G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.