Combine the traditional flavor of chicken parmesan with rotini pasta noodles and you have a delicious Chicken Parmesan Casserole. Topped off with crispy breadcrumbs, this healthy dinner option is a family favorite.
- 4 tbsp. Schnucks olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 (28 oz.) can Full Circle no salt added crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 16 oz. cooked Barilla chickpea rotini
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 cup Schnucks finely shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Full Circle Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Schnucks finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat an 8–inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Combine shallots and garlic, cook 3 minutes stirring often. Add tomatoes and Italian seasoning, bring to a simmer. Cook over low heat, stirring often, until thickened about 8–10 minutes.
- Stir in cooked pasta and chicken, gently, and transfer to prepared baking dish. Top with mozzarella and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together breadcrumbs, parmesan and parsley. Add remaining olive oil, stir until breadcrumbs are coated, 1–2 minutes.
- Sprinkle crumbs over casserole dish in even layer. Bake until topping is golden brown, about 25–30 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes to set up. Serve immediately.
435 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 4G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.