Try something new for dinner, like this chicken marsala recipe from Schnucks.
- 2 cups Marsala wine
- ¼ cup shallots, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup Schnucks all-purpose flour
- 1¼ tsp salt, divided
- ¾ tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 5 tbsp Schnucks unsalted butter, divided
- 1 pkg Schnucks Natural thin sliced, boneless, skinless chicken breast fillet
- 1 pkg Schnucks sliced mushrooms
- ¾ cup Schnucks whipping cream
- ½ cup less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- In 2-quart saucepan, cook wine and shallots over high heat 9-10 minutes or until wine is reduced by half. Reserve 2 tablespoons flour. In pie plate or wide, shallow bowl, combine remaining flour, ¾ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Dip chicken in flour mixture to coat both sides, shaking off excess.
- In nonstick 12" skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 4 minutes or until bottom is golden brown; turn chicken, then cook 2 minutes longer or until chicken almost loses its pink color throughout. Transfer chicken to plate.
- In same skillet, cook mushrooms, ¼ teaspoon salt and remaining 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Add reserved 2 tablespoons flour and cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add cream, broth, wine mixture and remaining ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and heat to boiling; boil 4 minutes. Return chicken to skillet and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer or until chicken loses its pink color throughout and internal temperature reaches 165°F. Sprinkle parsley over chicken to serve.
602 Calories Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 10G