With tacos this yummy, you’ll need Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff™ Taco Shells so no toppings are lost from a tipped over taco.
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red onion, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 cups shredded Deli rotisserie chicken
- 1 (0.85 oz.) pkg. Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated lime zest
- 1 (10 count) pkg. Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff™ Taco Shells, heated as directed on package
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add 1 cup of the red onion, the garlic and jalapeño chile; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add chicken, taco seasoning mix and water; cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is heated through. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat sour cream, lime zest and lime juice.
- Divide chicken mixture among taco shells. Top with sour cream mixture, tomato, remaining 1/2 cup red onion and cilantro.
Jalapeños can vary widely in heat, so we recommend taking out the seeds and veins, where most of the heat in the chile is stored, so your tacos don’t get overheated. If you like it hot, feel free to leave them in.
300 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 7G