This chicken enchilada casserole is a crowd favorite! Chicken, cheese, and veggies are combined to create a mouth-watering dish that everybody will love.
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chiles
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, & thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 9 corn tortillas, halved
- 1 cup Schnucks shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat Mexican blend shredded cheese
- chopped fresh cilantro, optional for serving
- lime wedges, optional for serving
- In a medium bowl, stir together tomatoes, green chiles, cumin, oregano, chili and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, over medium heat, add vegetable oil. Add peppers and onions, cover and cook until softened, 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 7x11 baking dish with cooking spray. Cover bottom of the dish with a 1/4 cup of the tomato mixture, layer with 1/3 of the tortillas, top with 1/2 the chicken, 1/2 of the beans, 1/2 of the pepper and onion mixture, 1/2 the tomatoes and sprinkle 1/3 of cheese over top. Repeat with 1/3 of the tortillas, remaining chicken, beans and peppers and 1/3 cheese. Top with remaining tortillas tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until casserole is bubbling and cheese is melted. Let cool for 10 minutes. Serve with cilantro and lime wedges if desired.
244 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 4G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.