Muddy Buddies™ fans, have we found the ultimate pie recipe for you! Crunchy Chex™ cereal mixed with a decadent chocolate-peanut butter ganache makes up the filling of this totally indulgent pie packed with all the sweet, crunchy, chocolate-peanut butter-y flavors you love. And no slice of this Muddy Buddies™ pie would be complete without the quick peanut butter whipped cream topping!
- 1 (14.1 oz.) box refrigerated Pillsbury™ Pie Crusts, softened as directed on box
- 3 1/4 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 2 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Heat oven to 450°F. Make pie crust as directed on box for one-crust baked shell, using 9-inch glass pie plate. Cool completely, about 45 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips in large bowl. In medium microwavable bowl, microwave 1 cup of the whipping cream uncovered on High 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until very hot but not boiling. Pour hot cream over chocolate chips; stir with whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in 2 cups of the peanut butter, 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar, 2 teaspoons of the vanilla and the sea salt until mixture is well blended.
- Place 1/4 cup of the cereal evenly over bottom of baked pie crust. Add remaining cereal, 1 cup at a time, to the chocolate mixture; fold gently so cereal is not crushed. Spoon chocolate mixture over cereal in pie plate; spread evenly. Refrigerate uncovered pie about 2 hours or until set.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix remaining 2 cups whipping cream, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat with electric mixer on low speed until well blended. Beat at high speed 30 to 60 seconds or until soft peaks form. Do not over beat. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- To serve, cut pie into slices; top with peanut butter whipped cream. Store covered in refrigerator.
1270 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2.5G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.