Eating healthy doesn’t mean your meals have to be bland or boring. For example, this Cheesy Spinach Broccoli and Potato Soup is both delicious and nutritious.
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 1 small russet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup Schnucks 2% milk
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups Schnucks shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 whole wheat pitas, toasted (on side)
- Heat oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic to pot and cook until softened, 2-3 minutes. Stir in broccoli, chicken broth and potato. Bring to a boil then cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until potato is completely cooked, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in milk and allow to cool, about 10 minutes.
- Add soup to blender and process until smooth. Return to pot, bring back to a boil then remove from heat. Stir in spinach and one cup of cheese. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.Working in batches, add soup to blender and process until smooth. Return to pot, bring back to a boil then remove from heat. Stir in spinach and one cup of cheese. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Divide among four bowls. Evenly top with parsley, sour cream and remaining cheese. Serve immediately with pita on the side.
415 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 11G