Cheesy, buttery and delicious. Try this cheesy collard green gratin at your next holiday meal.
- 2 bunches collard greens, coarsely chopped and stems removed
- 2 1/2 cups Schnucks half and half
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks flour
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup cornbread, crumbled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium heat. Add collard greens and boil until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Drain, transfer to a bowl of ice water and allow to cool. Drain and squeeze dry with paper towels.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, bring half and half and garlic to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Melt butter in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until softened, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in flour and cook for 1-2 additional minutes.
- Stir in half and half mixture, one cup Parmesan and cooked collard greens then remove from heat. Evenly top with remaining Parmesan and bread crumbs. Cover and refrigerate if making ahead.
- To serve: Preheat oven to 350°F. Allow to reach room temperature if refrigerated. Bake until warmed through and golden brown, about 25-30 minutes.
285 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 12G