These cheesy scones are perfect for breakfast in bed or at any time of day!
- Schnucks nonstick cooking spray
- 2 3/4 cups Schnucks all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3/4 cups Schnucks unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 8 oz. aged cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pkg. fresh dill, fronds removed and chopped
- 3/4 cups + 2 tbsp. Schnucks old fashioned oats, divided
- 3 Schnucks large eggs, divided
- 1 cup Schnucks whipping cream
- 1 tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray large cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. In large bowl, with whisk, stir flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. With finger tips or pastry blender, work in butter until pea-sized crumbs form. Stir in cheese, dill and 3/4 cup oats.
- In medium bowl, with whisk, beat 2 eggs with cream until well blended. Pour egg mixture into fl our mixture; with wooden spoon, stir until dough forms a ball. Place dough on lightly floured work surface. In same medium bowl, with whisk, beat water with remaining egg.
- With rolling pin, roll dough into 8" round. With large knife or pizza cutter, cut dough into 12 equal wedges. Place wedges, 1" apart, on prepared cookie sheet. Brush top and sides of scones with egg mixture; sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons oats over scones.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until tops and bottoms are lightly browned. Serve immediately or cool on wire rack to serve later.
391 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 16G