Delicious cedar planked salmon you can make at home. Don’t forget the easy jalapeño-corn salsa!
- 1 Schnucks cedar grilling plank
- 2 limes
- 2 ears of corn, silks and husks removed
- 2 jalapeño chile peppers
- 4 tsp. California Olive Ranch® extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tbsp. red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp. ground chipotle powder
- 1 1/2 lb. fresh salmon fillet
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Immerse plank in warm water at least 30 minutes. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. From limes, squeeze 2 tablespoons juice.
- Coat corn and jalapeños with 2 teaspoons oil. Place corn and jalapeños on hot grill rack; cover and cook 4 to 6 minutes, turning frequently to brown all sides. When cool enough to handle, cut corn from cob. Cut jalapeños lengthwise in half; with knife, scrape out seeds and veins then finely chop.
- In medium bowl, toss onion, cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon salt, chipotle powder, lime juice, corn and jalapeños. Makes about 2 cups.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on plank and rub remaining 2 teaspoons oil over top; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place plank with salmon on hot grill rack; cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes or until salmon turns opaque throughout and internal temperature reaches 145°F. Drizzle salmon with lemon juice and top with salsa to serve.
374 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 5G