Healthy and delicious pork is a great addition to any backyard barbecue.
- 1 cedar grilling plank
- 1 cup sweet red wine
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pitted cherries
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme, plus additional for serving
- 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 boneless pork chops (1-inch thick)
- Soak plank in water at least 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan combine wine, cherries and honey. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve honey. Reduce heat to medium; simmer uncovered about 15 minutes or until reduced by about half.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine garlic, thyme, coriander and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Season pork chops all over with spice mixture.
- Prepare grill for two-zone cooking. Place soaked plank over indirect heat; grill uncovered until plank begins to crackle and smoke.
- Place pork on grill rack over direct heat and cook 2–4 minutes or until charred, turning once halfway through grilling. Transfer pork to plank over indirect heat. Cover grill and cook 9–11 minutes or until pork reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees, turning once halfway through.
- Transfer plank with pork chops to a serving platter. Drizzle with cherry mixture and sprinkle with additional fresh thyme.
A cedar grilling plank creates a barrier that prevents scorching and allows food to cook over more moderate and indirect heat. Plus, plank grilling can infuse rich, smoky flavor into nearly any meat or veggie.
506 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 3G