Add a savory touch to your holiday dinner with this cauliflower kugel.
- 2 heads cauliflower, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 4 large Schnucks eggs
- 2 cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped and divided
- 1/2 cup Schnucks shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 3 tbsp. Schnucks butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. Schnucks garlic powder
- 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss cauliflower and onion with lemon juice and zest. Spread on a baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes until cauliflower and onion soften and start to brown.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, ricotta, 3/4 cup parsley, Swiss cheese, 1/8 tsp. salt and pepper. Stir in cauliflower mixture and transfer to a prepared 8x8" baking dish.
- Stir together butter, garlic powder and remaining parsley and salt. Top cauliflower mixture with panko then butter mixture. Cover and refrigerate if making ahead.
- To serve: Bake uncovered in a 400°F oven until warmed through, about 25-35 minutes.
161 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 6G