These carrot cake bars combine the spicy-sweet flavor of traditional carrot cake with creamy, smooth cheesecake and lemon extract for an irresistible dessert. Carrot cake bars are an indulgent year-round treat, but we especially love them for Easter or anytime during the spring season.
- 1 cup and 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp. McCormick Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. McCormick Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs (divided)
- 2 tsp. McCormick All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated carrots
- 3 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp. McCormick Pure Lemon Extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Mix 1 cup each of the flour and sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in large bowl. Add oil, 2 of the eggs, vanilla extract and carrots; mix well. Spread 1/2 of the batter into greased and floured 13x9-inch baking pan. Reserve remaining batter. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining 1 cup sugar in another large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add milk, remaining 2 tablespoons flour and lemon extract; beat until well blended. Add remaining 2 eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Drop spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture and reserved carrot cake batter, alternately, over the carrot cake batter in pan. Cut through several times with knife for marble effect.
- Bake 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
256 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 7G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.