Bring these colorful, bold flavored street tacos into your home!
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 12 oz. Bud Light Lime
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 lb. flank steak
- 4 warm flour tortillas
- 4 tbsp. queso fresco cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh pico de gallo
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1/2 cup cilantro crema or sour cream
- Marinate the steak: In a large bowl or sealable container, whisk together 1/2 cup olive oil, soy sauce, beer, lime juice, vinegar, black pepper, cumin, minced garlic, jalapeño and cilantro. Place the steak in the marinade and coat thoroughly with marinade. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill: Preheat your grill for high direct heat on one side with part of the grill reserved with fewer coals (or gas flame) for low, indirect heat.
- Remove the steak from the marinade: Lightly brush off most of the bits of cilantro and garlic. Brush with remaining 1/4 cup olive oil and season with Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Sear the steak: Place the steak on the hot side of the grill. Grill the steak for about 3-4 minutes, until well seared on one side, then turn the steak over and sear on the other side. Once both sides are well seared, move the steak to the cool side of the grill, with any thicker end of the steak nearer to the hot side of the grill.
- Remove the cooked steak: Pull the meat off the grill at 120°F for rare, 125°F medium rare, or 140°F for medium.
- Cover the steak with foil and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Cut across the direction of the grain of the meat. Angle your knife so that your slices are very thin.
- Add to warm tortillas and top with queso fresco, pico de gallo, guacamole and cilantro crema to serve.
Serve with queso and tortilla chips. Recommended beer pairing: Bud Light Lime.
316 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 7G