This Caribbean Bean and Carrot Curry recipe makes for a great hearty and healthy dinner dish.
- 1 tsp. ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp. Schnucks whole mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Schnucks curry powder
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 medium gold potatoes, diced
- 1 can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 2/3 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 can (13.5 oz.) Schnucks Coconut Milk Lite
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 can (14 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 lime, juiced
- Heat a medium pot on medium-low. Add the first 5 ingredients and toast, stirring continuously, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add curry powder and oil, stirring for 30 seconds. Add onion and garlic, sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add carrots and potatoes, sauté 1 minute, then add tomatoes and broth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until potatoes are almost tender.
- Add coconut milk, maple syrup and chickpeas, simmer for 10 minutes covered. Then add lime juice, season with more salt if desired.
- Serve curry hot with rice or flatbread, and garnish with extra lime wedges, sesame seeds, chili peppers and fresh curly-leaf parsley.
245 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 1.8G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.