Love salad? Have you tried it stacked?
- 3 large tomatoes
- 2 (8 oz.) balls fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 pkg. fresh basil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 tsp. salt, divided
- 3/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup Schnucks extra virgin olive oil
- Trim off thin slice from top and bottom of tomatoes to make flat surface. Cut each tomato into 4 slices. Cut each mozzarella ball into 4 slices. From basil sprigs, remove 8 large leaves and pick off top portion of 4 sprigs for garnish. Coarsely chop remaining basil leaves. In small bowl, with whisk, stir together vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil until vinaigrette is emulsified.
- To assemble salad stacks, on 2-foot-long sheet waxed paper, arrange tomato and mozzarella slices in single layer. Sprinkle with chopped basil and remaining 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. On each of 4 salad plates, starting with tomato, alternately stack tomato and cheese slices with 1 basil leaf over each slice of mozzarella. Drizzle 2 tablespoons vinaigrette over stacks. Garnish with basil tops.
476 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 18G