Not all fats are created equal! This dish is loaded with healthy omega-3 fats from the salmon and avocado. These healthy fats provide a feeling of fullness and have been shown to support a healthy heart.
- 4 (4 oz.) salmon filets
- 1 tbsp. The Spice Hunter Cajun Creole seasoning
- 8 oz. fresh strawberries, diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 cups cooked wild rice, warmed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Top salmon with seasoning and place on a prepared baking sheet. Roast 12–17 minutes or until salmon reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- Combine strawberries, jalapeño, avocado, onion, half of the cilantro and half of the lime juice; set aside.
- Stir together warmed rice, remaining lime juice and remaining cilantro.
- Serve each roasted salmon filet with strawberry pico and 1/2 cup rice.
520 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 6G