Nothing says Cajun food quite like jambalaya. Try it with our Cajun Remoulade for a delicious and creamy twist.
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 (13.5 oz.) pkg. Andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 (32 oz.) pkg. unsalted chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, plus more to serve
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. Schnucks frozen cooked shrimp (41–50 ct.), thawed
- Cajun Remoulade (if desired, see recipe notes)
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add sausage, bell pepper, onion, celery and garlic to pan and sauté 8–10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in chicken broth, rice, bay leaf, thyme, paprika, cayenne pepper and oregano and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 20–22 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in shrimp and heat through.
- Serve topped with more thyme and Cajun Remoulade (see recipe notes), if using.
Stir together all ingredients. Season with salt and black pepper, if desired. Cover and refrigerate up to 1 week. Makes about 1/2 cup.
- 1/4 cup light mayo
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. salt-free Cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp. coarse-ground mustard
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. capers
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
456 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 6G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.