No more defaulting to dinner rolls. This lightened-up pizza combines bread and salad into one ultimate appetizer.
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese, plus additional for serving (if desired)
- 1 Schnucks thick pizza crust
- 1 1/2 cups Schnucks shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups chopped romaine, kale, spinach and/or radicchio
- 1/2 cup Schnucks Caesar Dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place sliced onion in a medium bowl, cover with ice water and set aside (this helps to mellow the bite of the raw onion). On a parchment-lined sheet pan, spread Parmesan into an 8-inch circle and bake about 10 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Transfer cheese crisp to a wire rack and let cool.
- Increase heat to 500 degrees. Top pizza crust with mozzarella, leaving a 1-inch border. Place directly on middle oven rack and bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, drain onion and pat dry with paper towels. Add to a large bowl along with salad greens and dressing; toss to coat.
- Remove pizza from oven and immediately top with salad mixture. Break cheese crisp into large pieces and scatter over top.
- Serve topped with cracked black pepper and additional shredded Parmesan, if desired.
312 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 6G