Elevate your corned beef with this recipe from Schnucks.
- 1 corned beef brisket with seasoning packet
- 4 cups apple juice
- 2 cups water
- 4 gold potatoes, unpeeled and quartered
- 4 carrots, cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 2 1/2" pieces
- 2 yellow onions, cut into wedges
- 1 head green cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 3/4 cup packed Schnucks light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Schnucks Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. refrigerated prepared horseradish
- Line 13x9" metal baking pan with aluminum foil. In bowl of 8-quart slow cooker, combine seasoning packet, juice, water and corned beef. Cover and cook on high 6 1/2 to 7 hours or until carving fork pierced into corned beef shows very little resistance. Carefully transfer corned beef to prepared pan.
- About 30 minutes before corned beef is finished cooking, in 6-quart saucepot, add potatoes, carrots and onions; arrange cabbage on top. Add enough water just to cover vegetables by 1". cover and cook over medium-high heat 45-60 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Transfer 2 to 3 cups of hot cooking broth from slow cooker (when beef is removed) to vegetables for flavor while cooking.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F. In small bowl, stir brown sugar, mustard and horseradish into a paste; spread over top of corned beef. Bake 15-20 minutes or until glaze is bubbling and brown.
- Transfer to cutting board and let stand 5 minutes. Thinly slice corned beef across the grain and serve with vegetables.
853 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 13G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.