Add an extra touch of savory to your holiday with this brown butter mashed potatoes recipe.
- 4 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup brown butter
- 1/2 cup Schnucks half and half
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, boil potatoes until fork tender, about 20 minutes. Drain then gently mash.
- Add brown butter, milk, salt and pepper; gently stir until combined. Serve immediately or cover with foil and refrigerate.
- To reheat: Preheat over to 350°F. Meanwhile, allow potatoes to reach room temperature. Bake foil-covered potatoes until heated through, about 40 minutes.
How to Make Brown Butter
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until butter is a deep golden brown (butter will foam as it cooks). Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Transfer to a resealable microwave-safe container and refrigerate up to 2 weeks. To use, melt in microwave or spread onto food.
248 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 11G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.