These veggies will steal the show at any meal.
- 2 heads broccoli
- 6 tbsp. Schnucks butter, divided
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 lbs. peeled and diced sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Schnucks shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh sage
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Trim stems from broccoli to 3 inches long, then cut heads lengthwise into 3/4 inch ”steaks.”
- Melt 1 tablespoon of Schnucks butter and brush onto broccoli. Season with salt. Arrange on a baking sheet and roast 20–25 minutes or until tender and browned, turning once.
- Add sweet potatoes to a large saucepan. Cover with salted water and bring to a boil. Cook 12–15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain, then add milk and 2 tablespoons Schnucks butter. Mash potatoes until smooth. Stir in Schnucks shredded Cheddar cheese and chopped fresh sage. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat remaining 3 tablespoons Schnucks butter over medium heat until bubbly. Fry fresh sage leaves—two at a time—for 30–60 seconds or until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Continue heating butter, stirring frequently, 3–5 minutes or until browned and fragrant. Add chopped walnuts; cook and stir 3 minutes more. Remove from heat and stir in balsamic vinegar.
- Serve potatoes topped with broccoli steaks, butter mixture and fried sage leaves.
Cheap Eats Your Way!
Swap cooked broccoli for 4 small cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts or boneless pork loin chops.
452 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 13G