Broiled salmon is cooked quickly, allowing the browning to intensify the flavor. Enhance it even further with red onion and rosemary.
- 2 small lemons
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 1/4 lb. fresh salmon fillet, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium red onion (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. medium grind black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- lemon slices for garnish (optional)
- Place oven rack 5- to 6-inches from source of heat; preheat broiler. Line rimmed baking pan with aluminum foil. From lemons, squeeze 3 tablespoons juice into small bowl. Cut onion in half, then cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Place half of rosemary cut into small sprigs in prepared pan; coat both sides of salmon with 1 tablespoon oil and place, skin side up, over rosemary. Lay remaining small sprigs of rosemary and red onion slices in pan on and around salmon. Sprinkle with remaining oil. Broil salmon 3 to 4 minutes or until skin is lightly browned. With spatula, carefully turn salmon.
- Evenly pour lemon juice over salmon; sprinkle with garlic powder, pepper and salt and broil 4 to 5 minutes longer or until almost opaque throughout and internal temperature reaches 145°F. If desired, remove skin from salmon by sliding spatula between skin and salmon when removing from pan. Serve salmon with onions garnished with additional rosemary sprigs and lemon slices, if desired
Pair this salmon with steamed new potatoes for a simple, healthy and delicious meal.
311 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 4G