With the calcium from the broccoli and the healthy fats from the walnuts, this recipe offers a simple and delicious way to get in many essential nutrients.
- 1 (10.8 oz.) pkg. Steamin' Easy frozen broccoli florets
- 16 oz. dry pasta
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 large fresh garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded Parmesan (optional)
- In a microwave, steam broccoli according to package directions. Remove immediately from bag and rinse under cold water; set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook dry pasta according to package directions. Strain cooked pasta and reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Return noodles to pot, cover and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine walnuts, garlic, basil, lemon juice, olive oil, and vinegar; process until fine consistency scrapping bowl to minimize chunks. Add broccoli florets and process until smooth and creamy.
- Add pesto sauce, reserved water and Parmesan cheese to pot of cooked noodles, combining until desired consistency is reached; season with salt and pepper if desired. Serve warm.
547 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 1G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.