Savory muffins filled with broccoli and melted cheese are delicious warmed up for breakfast, as a snack, or in lunch boxes.
- 2 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, prepared according to package
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with muffin liners and coat each with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl combine first six ingredients. In a separate bowl whisk together buttermilk, oil, egg and garlic until well combined. Pour into flour mixture and stir until just moistened. Fold in Cheddar cheese, broccoli, green onion and tomatoes.
- Divide mixture among muffin cups and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 15–18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes, then transfer muffins to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
436 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 8G