Enjoy this mouth-watering Brisket recipe that is packed with protein and slow-cooked savory flavor.
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. dried sage
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 5 lbs beef brisket
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks olive oil
- 2 medium onions, thickly sliced
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a small bowl, mix thyme, sage, paprika, salt and pepper. Place brisket on large plate and rub seasoning mixture into both sides. Cover and sit at room temperature for 45 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large, oven proof skillet over medium-high heat. Sear both sides of brisket until browned. Remove brisket and set aside.
- Add onions to skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until softened and browned. Add beef broth, red wine vinegar, tomato paste, garlic and bay leaf to skillet.
- Return brisket to skillet, cover pan with foil and place in oven. Bake for 6 hours or until tender. Remove and let rest for 30 minutes before carving.
841 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 10G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.