Make your leftover brisket into nextovers with this delicious, Mexican-style sandwich.
tor•ta (noun): Mexican-style sandwich
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley and/or cilantro
- 1/3 cup Schnucks red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Schnucks olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted almonds (such as Marcona)
- 1 jalapeño
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked brisket
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks taco sauce
- 4 Bolillo rolls or hoagie rolls, split
- 1 (14 oz.) can Old El Paso Refried Beans, prepared according to package
- 4 oz. Manchego cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Schnucks mayonnaise, if desired
- vegetables such as avocado, jalapeño, lettuce, onion, radish and tomato for toppings
- Add first six ingredients to a food processor or blender and pulse until combined. Season chimichurri with salt if desired.
- Toss brisket with taco sauce. Evenly divide brisket among rolls and top with chimichurri and remaining ingredients.
770 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 13G