You can never go wrong with the classic melt in your mouth brisket paired with potatoes and carrots for dinner.
- 1/2 cup Schnucks apple cider vinegar
- 3 tsp. brown sugar, divided
- 3 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups unsalted beef broth
- 4 lbs. Schnucks USDA Choice Certified Angus Beef flat cut beef brisket
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks chili powder
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. dried mustard
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 2 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 lbs. baby potatoes
- 2 lbs. baby carrots
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, 1 teaspoon brown sugar and 1 teaspoon salt. Add onions and vinegar mixture to a jar. Cover and refrigerate.
- Pour broth and 1 cup water into bottom of a large ovenproof pot. Combine all remaining seasonings and rub over entire brisket. Add potatoes and carrots to pot and lay brisket on top, fat-side up. Cook until internal temperature reaches 175 degrees, 4-5 hours.
- Remove pot from oven, tent with foil and let rest 20 minutes.
- Slice half of roast against the grain and serve with vegetables, jus from pan and pickled onions. Cover and refrigerate remaining beef for later in the week.
560 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 6G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.