Coating this round roast with a flavorful compound butter before slicing not only wakes up the flavor of the dried herbs, but creates a wonderful sauce to coat the slices of beef.
- 5 lb. Certified Angus Beef ® bottom round roast
- 1 tbsp. kosher or sea salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. mustard powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. oil
- 3 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a small mixing bowl combine salt, pepper, mustard powder, garlic powder and onion powder. Cover roast evenly with thin coat of oil followed by seasoning blend. Place roast in a roasting pan fitted with a rack.
- Roast 15 minutes, drop oven temperature to 325°F and continue roasting 1 1/2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 125°F (for medium rare).
- Prepare herb butter. In a small mixing bowl combine softened butter, basil, oregano and thyme. Set aside to keep soft.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest 15 minutes in the pan. Transfer roast to a large carving board and smear evenly with herbed butter. Slice and serve.
370 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 6G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.