This dish is pasta-rrific.
- 4 strips thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 celery stalk, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 rosemary sprig, leaves stripped and finely chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 lb. Schnucks ground beef
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 2/3 cup beef stock
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 pkg. pappardelle noodles
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
- In large saucepan over medium heat fry bacon until crisp. Add shredded carrot, minced celery, garlic, rosemary, oregano and crushed red pepper. Cook until vegetables are tender, 3-5 minutes. Drain fat.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add ground beef. Cook until browned, stirring occasionally. Add crushed tomatoes, beef stock and red wine. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thick and rich in color.
- While sauce is simmering, cook pappardelle according to package.
- Serve sauce over noodles with crusty Italian bread if desired. Top with fresh Parmesan cheese.
505 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 5G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.