Blueberries and walnuts brighten up any breakfast oatmeal.
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups Schnucks rolled oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- l large egg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups apple, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325º F. Place 1/2 cup walnuts in a bowl with dry ingredients (except fruit.)
- Whisk wet ingredients together in a large bowl. Stir in dry ingredients, 1 cup blueberries and 1 cup apple. Pour into prepared 8×8" baking dish.
- Roughly chop the remaining 1/2 cup walnuts and scatter them on top along with the remaining 1/2 cup blueberries and 1/2 cup apple. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon.
- Bake 35 minutes, until the top is golden and the oats are set. Serve warm. Serve as is or topped with milk, Greek yogurt or maple syrup.
246 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.