The sweetness of molasses and blueberries come together in this sauce to create a unique flavor perfect for pork.
- 2 tsp. grapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp. shallots, minced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup Heinz® tomato ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed Schnucks brown sugar
- 1/4 cup blueberry preserves
- 1/4 cup mild molasses
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp. Schnucks chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. fresh cracked pepper
- 1/8 tsp. chipotle powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add shallots and sweat until lightly softened and translucent. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until sugar has completely dissolved. Season to taste with additional salt, if desired. Serve with barbecued pork steaks or bone-in pork chops.
60 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 0G