This breakfast bake is berry delicious.
- 12 Schnucks large eggs
- 2 cups Schnucks half-and-half
- 1/3 cup Schnucks pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 tsp. Schnucks ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 16 oz. loaf day-old sourdough or French bread, cut into 1" cubes
- 2 (8 oz.) pkgs. Schnucks cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 (6 oz.) pkgs. Driscoll’s® blueberries, divided (or unthawed frozen blueberries)
- 1 cup lightly packed Schnucks brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks unsalted butter
- In large bowl, beat eggs; whisk in half-and-half, syrup, lemon zest, cinnamon and almond extract.
- In 13 x 9-inch baking dish, evenly spread half the bread. Evenly top bread with cream cheese and half the blueberries; top with remaining bread. Pour egg mixture over bread mixture; press down gently with back of spoon to submerge bread. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F; remove French toast from refrigerator and let stand 30 minutes. Bake French toast, covered, 30 minutes; uncover and bake 30 minutes longer or until top is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, whisk together brown sugar, water and cornstarch; heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Cook 2 minutes or until mixture starts to thicken, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in remaining blueberries; cook 4 minutes or until blueberries burst. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice and butter. Pour blueberry mixture over French toast. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
342 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 10G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.